Friday, September 7, 2012

how the church loves

In Cuautempan, we met three young women from the church, Irma, Ema, and Loida.  They live with their mother next door to Felicites. Standing outside Felicites' kitchen and peeking through the wall of  corn, you see the roof of their little house.

32 years ago when I moved to Cuautempan with 3 little ones and another on the way, their mother, Loida,. was a teenager and she helped me in my home.
Then Loida married and moved away; years passed, and she came back. I had never met her daughters. . .until last month.
Irma works in the pre-school in town, Ema works in the mayor's office and Loida studies dress making.
They teach Sunday school in the church and over lunch at Felicites' house, they told us all about last month's vacation Bible school in Cuautempan.
They are lovely women who love Jesus, making their way in a village culture that is changing. . .

What I noticed and what I love so much, is how these women care for Felicites in her old age.  They are there when she is sick, grind her corn, make her tortillas- cheerfully, devotedly.
They obviously love her (but then who wouldn't?)



No comments: