Thursday, July 12, 2012

a story from Ohio

We're in Ohio and it's hot, perhaps hotter than Texas!  Afternoon coffee at Brett and Rachel's looks like this. . .the milk is for John, of course.

When I visited Ohio in April, I met Steph; she dropped by with a gift for baby Ivan, and Brett and Rachel invited her to stay for dinner. Steph is the women's golf coach at the university- she loves Jesus and she loves the women on her team. We washed dinner dishes and I heard  her story.
So-this week on Sunday we worshiped with the church, and ahhh, there was Steph! 
Sunday afternoon a delivery man knocked at Rachel and Brett's door and handed us a flat bakery box.  Peeking inside we discovered 6 huge, warm cookies from a local bakery, and taped on top a note scribbled on a napkin, I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. Ephesians 1:16
No name-but we knew the special delivery came from Steph.
Now she's off again, recruiting for the BG golf team. . .being intentinal, investing in the lives of women for the kingdom.
I love that girl.

1 comment:

naomi said...

I think I love Steph too; please send her to Mexico City for a visit!