Saturday, July 7, 2012

always good. . .

Last week in New York, we had a morning excursion to Skaneateles.  Living in Texas, a state with city names like Nacadogches and Gonzalez--I love to say Skaneateles; the locals say "Skini. . .Skineateles".  Imagine that?
Nathaniel and John biked around Skaneateles Lake while Abi, little Florence and I poked around the village, got coffee and sat on a bench beside the lake.
"Did you ever think that one day you would visit your children in far away places and experience different family cultures?" Abi asked me.
hmmm, I never thought about it much then, but now I do-and I evaluate my responses.
 Sometimes  the unease of change and difference give me a window into my own heart. . .it's stretching and good-when I choose to remember that God is up to something good in my life, always.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

So nice to have you in our neck of the woods....however briefly!
Enjoy your visits as you make your way back home.

naomi said...

ah, marriage - - one of the most fascinating cross cultural experiences! :)

we wish we could join you!

Anonymous said...

Miss you! I hope you have a most wonderful trip!
Donna

Jane said...

I love this photo, Darcie! It could be made into a greeting card! So lovely, so full of love!

Your children are blessed.