Tuesday, September 1, 2009

praying for them on the 1st. . .

September 1st. . .there's something fresh, expectant about the first of the month, don't you think? I like to read Proverbs 1 and Psalms 1 on the first day of the month-no special significance, merely my habit-and it's good; today, I'm also starting up the book of 2 Peter-it's a day of firsts!
Reading today. . . .I thought of this little group, my youngest-20, 22, 24 years old, growing up. . . I know, I know, legally they're adults, but as I see it, growing up is a process and they're on the path. . .
So, my dear young adults, I prayed for you today-

  • that you would delight and desire the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night, bearing fruit for your Savior, fruit in it's season! (Psalm 1:2-3)
  • that you would remember- the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom- remember to cultivate a teachable heart, to hear and acquire wise counsel. (Proverbs 1:5)
  • that you would remember the Savior, constantly-for He has given you everything you need for life and godliness through the true knowledge of Him! (2 Peter 1:3)

Hmmm, I love ya'll - have a good life. I'll keep reading. . . and praying. . .

1 comment:

Colin said...

Hey great pictures. Wish I had more time to take some like that.
http://www.medicalstudentchronicles.blogspot.com