Thursday, July 30, 2009

a sweet girl, a bicycle. . .and more

"Uncle Papi", she said, "My bicycle is in the garage. . .it's a two-wheeler. . ."
So, John pulled out his tools and replaced the tires on Morgan's bicycle-already she's a whiz on the razor scooter. Hmmm. . .I was there when this little one was born-and now she's ready for a two wheeler!

There we were in San Jose with Scott, Mary, and Morgan -in their new home- church- neighborhood. . .the truth is, we've missed them dearly since they moved to California.
So, we worshiped together, shared a meal and fellowship with the church in that place, and recalled the memorial stones of God's faithfulness. . . in Texas and in California.

Mary and I visited a local knit shop; we shared life over coffee-just like old times. It was good to be there.
Press on, dear friend. . . press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

4 comments:

Naomi Smith said...

I'm glad for your time with Mary, mom
(and I love that picture of papi!)

Michigan Kate said...

I'm sure a great time of sweet fellowship was had by all! : ) We glad you were able to visit with Scott, Mary, and Morgan, but we miss you and can't wait for you to be back.

Dawn said...

So nice to see Mary AND Morgan! How Miss M has grown in the past year!

When I looked at the photo of the two of you, I couldn't help but be thankful for your lovingkindness to our son...for taking him into your fellowship at a time when he needed it!
Then, to have him find my sweet daughter-in-law amongst you...was the cherry-on-top-bonus!!!
:)

Jenny said...

I'm jealous! :o)