Monday, April 13, 2009

a curious thing. . .

At the end of my fifth decade, I'm wearing pink. . . imagine that?

So, last year when Rachel came to visit from Spain, she brought this pink and white blouse.
"It doesn't work for Naomi nor for me, and we heard you're wearing pink these days!"
Oh, really. . .me, wearing pink? too bold, too bright. . .
However, inspite of my apprehension, I kind of like wearing this pink blouse.

I was rummaging in the coat closet last month and found Mercy's pink cordoroy jacket (my friend Stephanie calls it Rose). I love cordoroy and the jacket has a great lining.

So, lately I've been wearing not just one pink garment, but the pink blouse paired with the pink cordoroy jacket. . . I get lots of comments: Pink is really your color, they say.
(Yikes, I think.)

So, for a girl who prefers khaki, brown, no color. . .hmmm, perhaps change is in the air-perhaps it's called the afternoon of life.
(and really. . . how fun to wear my daughters' clothes!)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You do look really good in that jacket and blouse :)

Jenny said...

Oooh... I like it! Very fashionable....

Dawn said...

Pink is a good color for you. That is one of my colors, too!
Give my Lori a big HUGE hug for me!
:)

Abigail said...

you are so fun - and cute! I am sure Grandma has been trying her whole life to get you to wear pink :)

Donna said...

Well Darcie, I don't think I have seen you in your pink yet?! (or was my brain in another world?) I will be looking to see when you wear it again. I imagine you & pink look great together! I enjoyed having some time with you at the Ladies Retreat. Thank you for leading the discussion group I was in. I cannot wait until I move to town and you & I will live closer to each other. ~Donna