Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I pray that your love may abound still more and more. . .

This sweet two year old in blue is our Julia-and yes, her daddy had the same white hair. . .folks in Mexico would exclaim: hair like onion skins. . .like corn silk.

So, our Julia loves to fold clothes-the other day I sat watching as she intently, neatly selected her clean clothes from the laundry basket, deliberately smoothed and folded, "Julia, stop folding, it's time to go to the zoo!" called her daddy.
This little scene makes me smile, for you see, I too love laundry-yes, indeed, I will come to your house and fold your clothes most any day.

Over the years I've prayed for my children while folding their individual items-jeans, skirts, socks, T-shirts; now, however, I rarely get my hands on their laundry (apart from a request for a hem, a rip, or a button)

. . . .but I continue to pray for them.

It's a curious thing. . . but these days I pray for my family individually according to the days of the week- Rachel on Mondays, Luke and Gabrielle on Tuesdays, Naomi and Joshua on Wednesdays, and down the line I go until Sundays when I remember both Jeremiah and Mercy(numbers 7 & 8, you know!)

Dear Ones, And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment, so that you may distinguish the things that are exellent. . .
(Philippians 1:9-10)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

To not simply pray to distinguish between good and bad, right and wrong, but to pray for the discerment to distinguish that which is excellent!!!! This -- is a worthy pursuit!!!

Unknown said...

I too have admired my dear little daughter folding laundry--and it's funny, it's on her own time! Thanks for praying so much for us. I know we'd feel a void if you didn't.