Sunday, December 28, 2008

a bridesmaid. . .and more

So, last weekend I was a bridesmaid (matron!) in my friend Cristina's wedding; my dress was lovely- green satin and chiffon with a cream sash, and the shoes- satin flats with little bows; Mercy fixed my hair and make-up. . .Hmmm, the last time I was a bridesmaid, my sisters were getting married- 30 years ago. Imagine that!

In April 2002, I penned Cristina's name in my Bible next to Psalm 84:11

For the Lord is a sun and shield; The Lord gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

So, we walked life's road. . . circumstances didn't appear good in Cristina's life; over and over we spoke truth to one another. . . No good thing does He withhold. . . .Taste and see that the Lord is good . . . How abundant is your goodness, Lord, which you have stored up for those who take refuge in you. . .(Ps 31, 34)

We kept walking together, and I watched Cristina trust God and grow in grace amid affliction-and my own heart was challenged and nourished-the wonderful fruit of discipleship, so I've discovered. . .

Blessings on your marriage, Cristina and Randy-Have a wonderful life!

1 comment:

NicoleDesiree85 said...

My mom told me you were a bridesmaid!! How much fun for you! I am terribly sorry that I had to miss Christina's wedding, but Mom said she was a beautiful bride :)