Tuesday, October 21, 2014

a visit across the border. . .

I've been raffling through old pictures, lots in boxes, more filed on my computer. I pieced this quilt for Selma when she was born. . .I packed the quilting hoop in my suitcase when I traveled to Spain for her birth.
So, today I'll be off to Mexico City to visit Joshua and Naomi and the sweet grandchildren. And I'll be there for Selma's birthday--the first time since her birth seven years ago!




Again I'm packing suitcases, no quilting hoop this time but lots of goodies. . .

 So, my family asked the big question, "What do you want to do during your visit?"
 I came came up with a dozen options . . .

* Walk to and from school with the children every day
* Visit the urban garden in the neighborhood
* coffee at the favorite neighborhood shop
* make pozole (Mexico City style)
* visit the women and children's shelter
* meet and visit with lots of friends
* braid Selma's hair and eat birthday cake
* shop in the neighborhood produce market
* play at the park every day
*worship with the church

hmmm, I think we'll be busy. . .and of course, we will read books.


1 comment:

Dawn said...

You're a good gran.
Enjoy your time there.
D