Thursday, March 7, 2013

let us press on. . .

This afternoon I pulled into my driveway and Ralph was standing in the flatbed of his pickup truck;
  he grinned at me, "Sister, did you come to take me to the airport so I can fly off somewhere too?"
 Mine is a globe trotting family. . .  the airport taxies think I'm one too.

Mercy's been in and out the past few weeks-around for tea time. . .


 Yesterday morning at 5 a.m.  I dropped her off on the airport curb; she's going to New York-to stay.  I'm excited for her to see spring daffodils in New York, to have an adventure-I assure her that Texas will welcome her home anytime.

I sat on Mercy's bed in the wee hours of the morning while we riffled  through clothes and memories, shoes, scarfs and memories, closet stuff with memories.
She packed a big suitcase and I added a small purple journal wrapped around twice with blue ribbon-
Mercy, be passionate for Jesus and his Gospel, I wrote on the first page.

And this morning I walked into her room to view the remains; the left behind shirts and sweaters smelled like her--so good.
"So let us know, let us press on to know the Lord, His going forth is as certain as the dawn; and He will come to us like the rain, like the spring rain watering the earth." (Hosea 6:3)





3 comments:

Dawn said...

As in New York - the big apple - or New York state??
Either way...it isn't all bad.
:D
Much success to your daughter in her new surroundings.
D xo

Denise said...

I am excited for her, and thankful for a tight hug on Monday night. Praying for Mercy as she transitions into her life in the North. And for you, you do letting go so well, but I know you have a tender Momma's heart. :)

Unknown said...

I literally got a whiff of Mercy as I read that. It makes me so tender to think about this--I miss her. And then I think about my own daughters moving on. Man, life is so good as a momma but really it's so hard! Can't think of another job where your job is supposed to move on and away from you, and yet this is our life as mom's.