Saturday, December 22, 2012

sweets at night and in the morning. . .

When I visit Abigail and Nathaniel in New York, we bake sweets. . .and eat sweets.
So, in the spirit of the season, I made an apple crostada  on Monday-then on to gingerbread with lots of cream to whip up--ahh, the delight of whipped cream on almost anything!


And in the midst of the gingerbread project, it became apparent that it was pretty near time for the dear little baby to be born (really, I told Abi that she needn't scour the lower cupboard for the black strap molasses.)

So-the sweetest of all, Titus Newton Jackson,  was born late Monday night.
And in the morning I asked Florence, "Would you like apple pie and ice cream for breakfast?"
"Yes!" she piped.
And that's what we did to celebrate. . .Florence and me, pie and ice cream in the morning.



3 comments:

Denise said...

Sounds just like what we do for a birthday breakfast! :) Congratulations to your family and enjoy all the sweets!

Anonymous said...

Sweet, sweet! Congratulations to everyone!!! AND, Merry Christmas too!
Love,
Donna

Dawn said...

Happy for you all, Darcie.
I second the pie and ice cream for breakfast!