Saturday, December 29, 2012

strong confidence

This morning my house is cold. I'm drinking hot tea from a chipped cup. . .
It's the brown and blue 80's cup, the one Abi found at a flea market in California- she brought it home to me in Texas years ago, before she married Nathaniel and moved to New York.
Then my favorite cup was old -now it's old and chipped. 
So, I'm thinking about Abigail and sweet Titus in New York- my mind rambles around the edges of devotional for a baby shower I'll share next month.
I think about the word control. . .and every woman's desire to do it.


A few weeks ago I waited in New York City for my connecting flight to Dallas, surrounded by holiday travel, holiday sounds. . .just hours before Titus had been hospitalized  with respiratory distress.
So, in morning darkness, on the airport curb, Nathaniel and little Florence embraced me-Good bye. . .
 I was flying home to Texas.
Sometimes I just meditate on God's omnipresence-He (not me) can be everywhere at once.
The Lord is your Keeper, the shade on your right hand, He will not slumber nor sleep. . . (Ps 121)

Titus had a bumpy ride- machines, therapy, medication, tubes, questions. . .then after a week in the hospital, on Christmas day Titus and his mom came home.
 Abi shared, "I'm so thankful to be at home, but in the hospital machines scream when my baby is in danger."
Ahh, yes, I understand that heart-mind tug of war. . .and choose this minute to remember-
"In the fear of the Lord there is strong confidence, and His children will have refuge." (Prov 14:26)

3 comments:

Denise said...

Oh My! I have been right where Abi is, those terribly loud and non-stop machines do provide a level of comfort to a Mommy concerned about her baby. Thank you for sharing this, Darcie, I know better how to pray for your family. Many blessings... and hoping for coffee soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh Darcie,
How I needed this as I feel the need to see Sam who is off at camp for a week. It is the first time a child has been away...I am learning to pray more (why don't I do this when they are in sight!?) I am praying for Titus..so precious.
Love,Courtney

Unknown said...

I miss you, friend! I think of you often and enjoy reading your posts!