Wednesday, December 5, 2012

in train stations and airports, in the snow. . .

So, I'm going on a trip, leaving tomorrow-by train and by plane.
But first I have to get everything ready here at home.
that's every woman's first job-
 I bought 2 gallons of milk and Hershey's cocoa for the man at home.
we printed a December calendar and sketched in the important dates-
so he won't forget. . .

I'll miss home and him-but I'm going to New York for the baby.
I'll trip through train stations and airports, through the snow,
in my favorite clogs-that have developed an irritating squeek-
perhaps you'll hear me going and coming.  
 And I'll be back.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww! I wondered when you were leaving. How exciting to get to be there for this next precious baby! Give them all our love

naomi said...

give that family snuggles from us - and that baby double snuggles!

no one will notice the squeaking because they will all be admiring your socks

p.s. if Nathaniel would prefer a high five to snuggles, that's ok . . .

Denise said...

Have a wonderful trip... I can't wait to hear about your adventures!

dre said...

And I am off to see the Tippeys on Monday. :) I love having them only about a half hour away. We will drink a cup of coffee for you.....

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.