Friday, July 16, 2010

meditate, be still, trust the Lord

Reading through the Psalms, I'm back at the beginning-today, Psalm 4
Tremble, and do not sin; meditate in your heart upon your bed, and be still; offer the sacrifices of righteousness, And trust the Lord (Ps 4:4-5)
Sometimes that's just the best place to be: tremble, meditate, be still, trust the Lord. . .today I was there and very thankful for God's grace to me-that I could even stay there.
Last Friday morning Mercy's car slid off the highway and plunged into a drainage ditch.
she called. . I was in the kitchen, just putting the cinnamon rolls in the oven, "Mom, I was in an accident, I'm safe, my car is submerged. . ."
submerged- a scarey word
That night Mercy told us the details- I got a hiccup inside, thinking what could have happened. . . she's safe-I remember that life is fragile, like grass that withers. . .
So, 4 days later, in a borrowed car, Mercy drove back to the Panhandle.
And I chose to remember God's words which describe her life:
"Your eyes have seen my unformed substance and in your book they were all written, the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them" (Ps 139:16)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You hit the nail on the head

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.