Tuesday, April 7, 2015

the best covering

I love how God created the world with smooth things-  like vanilla ice-cream, bar soap, new baby skin. . . and He created textured things- like succulents in a pot, wholewheat toast and steel cut oats, nubby wool and knitted cables- all so lovely!



And life in God's world is smooth and textured too - you know, the hills and valleys, curves, crags,  straights. I remind myself that He owns and fashions it all for his glory and my good.
So- last week my days and nights bumped and dipped with unexpected encounters, long phone calls, lots of reminders that I live in a broken world. . .
I was laughing and weeping, resting and groaning all week. I read Proverbs 2- Ahh, I need more wisdom, Lord!

And even as I beseeched the God of wisdom for more of Himself, I received a text from a young friend; for a few years I discipled her through a rough patch of life- and then my friend and her family moved far away-

I think of you often, Darcie! I am missing you and our conversations!
I miss your sweet home and John too. I would love to cover you in prayer.
As I continue to pray for my life and how I can best honor God, so many things
have happened to help me soften my heart and love others. I see God's work 
more and more and am so thankful. How can I pray for you specifically this week?


Pray for me, friend, that I would grow in WISDOM. . . I love you!


"The Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He stores up sound wisdom for the upright. . .And He preserves the way of His godly ones." Proverbs 2

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Timely text. God is good.