Friday, August 15, 2014

a little creative work



We're diving back into work at home and around town, and this week we've covered the dining room
table with a little creative work. My part is fabric. John's part is industrial tile.
He's cutting, labeling, stacking tiles, creating a running game with his homemade scrabble tiles, 1000 tiles to be exact. He describes the game to me, but I can't quite get it. He tells me, It'll be good, and I believe him. The tricky part of all our creative work is carving a little space for two dinner plates at the end of the day.

So, today is the first day of the new school year for my husband. His part of the creative table is all cleared and trucked off to the classroom.

As far as traditional work goes, it looks like this will be the final year, the last hot August day for my husband to ride off to work on his bike, to greet children for a fresh school year.
Our emotions are mixed up ( mine more than his) but what's ahead will be good. . .because our heavenly Father always gives good gifts to his children, right?


1 comment:

dre said...

I can hear Papi saying "it'll be good..." love him. and you. and miss hugging your necks already. come back soon.