Monday, June 23, 2014

Life together

Last weekend John and I had the opportunity to care for 3 sweet children while the parents went away for the weekend together. John and the adventurous 8 year old bicycled at the park- in the mud. they collected a ton of golf balls, divided up the haul and passed out bags to friends who enjoy golf- that's my husband, the creative collector.

The sweet 2 year old awoke in the night; the baby monitor squawked on the table beside our bed. . . the baby monitor- an amazing gadget for modern parents. John rolled out of bed and trudged upstairs to comfort the little guy (exactly what he use to do with our own) and I could hear his tender whispers through the monitor, shh-shh, do you need water? Put your head on my shoulder. . .

And later back in bed, my husband asked me, "How'd I do?"

"Great, just great, like all those other times. . . " I assured.


Happy birthday. . .65 years old!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was a beautiful post.