Monday, June 10, 2013

Yesterday afternoon my husband made me a deal, "I'll mow the front and back if you buy the mulch, 4 bags, please"  So, I agreed, bought and carried the mulch. . . And this morning, Aye my aching arms and shoulders! (maybe hauling mulch builds bone density?)
And my husband mowed like Indiana Jones in the blazing Texas sun.

We're mowing and trimming fiercely, getting ready to drive off tomorrow morning before dawn-headed for California to see family and friends.
I'm leaving behind an unfinished project. . .our Josu is 7 years old-the quilt I made him at birth got lost somewhere between Spain, Los Angeles and Mexico-nobody's to blame.
So,  I decided to make him a new one; it looks a little more boyish than babyish and I hope he'll be surprised. Just maybe I'll finish the quilting before he comes to visit this summer.
Last week I read Proverbs 4. . .rocking the needle in and out, with tiny stitches, I  prayed for sweet Josu and for all my grandchildren,  words of truth:
My son, give attention to my words, incline your ear to my sayings;
 do not let them depart from your sight, keep them in the midst of your heart. . .
watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life.


2 comments:

menewton said...

I love your commitment for projects, beautiful things, and prayer! the quilt looks awesome! happy traveling!

Anonymous said...

beautiful! you can make me a quilt ANY day Darcie. ;) love and miss you, can't wait to hug your neck when you come up in August!!!