Sunday, April 7, 2013

like roses and lilies


Here in south Texas, gardening is best in early spring-
 Larkspur, white-blue-purple, reseeded in my front yard, filling the vegetable bed-lovely.
John and I worked a little in the garden on Friday; the mailman passed by with our delivery-
 "So, you got him working out here today?" he teased.
My husband doesn't love gardening but he loves me. . .he weeded and reset the little stone path outside our front door (more like building then gardening) and it's lovely.

Then Saturday morning I met my friend at a favorite place where they serve okay coffee and a perfect bran muffin;  all morning  we sat at a small round table in a sunny window. . .
"Close community among believers is the roses and lilies of the Christian life." writes Bonhoeffer.
hmmm, I'm thinking about roses and lilies that way. . .lovely.

"The Christian needs another Christian to speak God's word to him.
 He needs him again and again when he becomes uncertain and discouraged. . .and weak." 
(Life Together, Bonhoeffer)




2 comments:

Dawn said...

Looking forward to lovely blooms in our garden. The snow should be all melted by week's end.
:)

naomi said...

oh! I want to see a bigger picture of the path!

also - why does it happen so very, very often that best coffee and the best pastries are not served in the same shop? :)