Tuesday, April 17, 2012

thinking about kingdom work

And we urge you, admonish the unruly, encourage the faint hearted, help the weak, be patient with all men. (1 Thess 5:14)
S0-today I talked a long time to an old friend who lives in another state.
She told me about her vision for big kingdom work -like working in the pro life movement or rescuing girls from sex trafficking . . .
It was all good.
Then I told my friend that sometimes big kingdom work simply means that I say Yes to a need-time after time, any time, even when it's uncomfortable or inconvenient or costly.
And big kingdom work involves my attitude each morning when I open my eyes to a new day and ask, "God, how can I encourage the fainthearted, help the weak-today?"
Maybe big kingdom work is more about how I view God and his glory and less about what exactly I do for Him.
hmm, perhaps I'm still working through this one. . .

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that is always like the story of Ruth (besides the obvious kinsmen redeemer theme). She was doing the ordinary, but it was excellent and commendable.

Dawn said...

So true...

Jamey said...

Great reminder that BIG kingdom work can (and hopefully is) being done in my little house, on my little street, and in my not so little city.