Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I love this girl. . .

On a Tuesday in July- John and I left Auburn, stopped in Sacramento and then headed to Davis-home of the California Aggies. We had time for bicycling around campus before meeting our niece, Molly, at 3:00; the campus reminded me of Texas A&M. . . but for the trees, huge Eucalyptus trees-Ahh, the fragrance of Eucalyptus in the heat of summer.
Molly met us on her bicycle- John said, "Molly, that front tire needs air-I told your father I'd check out this bicycle. . ."
So, after a bicycle clinic in the parking lot, we were ready for a grocery store; Molly suggested a few. . . "and then there's the hippy grocery store", she said.
Ahh, yes, sounds like the place for us. . .it was a fun scene-we thought of our own college days, in California, in the early 70's.

So with bread, cheese, fruit, and veggies in my bike basket and hummus in Molly's bag (John was steward of the heavy stuff-fancy drinks from the hippy grocery) we were set for a picnic in the park.
"Aunt Darcie, you put your helmet on backwards. . ."
"Thanks, Molly."
"Wait. . . Aunt Darcie, don't cross yet-the cars!" (I love that girl!)

John and I left Davis at 6:00, headed west. . .
Molly, thanks for making time for us-it was good.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

aaahhh....I love that girl too! what a family, huh.