Saturday, October 25, 2008

for Selma. . .

. . . hard to believe-but last year right about now, I was in Pamplona, Spain waiting for Selma's birth-this little grandaughter who lives across the ocean with her parents, brothers, and aunt; this week she celebrates her first birthday! So, what's a grandmother to do?

I thank my God in all my remembrance of you. . . .and sweet Selma, I'm so grateful forJesus, the Good Shepherd; He calls his sheep by name-the sheep follow him because they hear his voice. Papi and I pray for you, lamb, that soon the voice of the Shepherd will resonate truth in your heart and that you will spend your life following him wherever. . . .

love, gran

3 comments:

Dawn said...

What a sweet post....
A year flies by so quickly at our age.
Yes?

Naomi Smith said...

yes, Gran and Papi - - keep praying!
we miss you.

Dawn said...

RE/pumpkin pie for breakfast mentioned in your comment at my place:

Oh yes, ANY time of the day suits me just fine!
:)

Coffee and conversation? That WOULD be so nice, tis true.
Maybe someday.