Friday, July 8, 2011

in Virginia. . .

though I am absent in body, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good discipline and the firmness of your faith in Christ.

Alex lived with us in Texas when he was single and young in the Lord. Arriving home from work and school, he would say, "Darcie, can we have tea and talk?" So, we visited Alex and Kathy in Virgina last week; we met their sweet children. I was cleaning out the car and Alex called to me, "Aren't you going to join the conversation?" Not much has changed, and I'm glad.

Deborah was part of our home group Bible study in Texas-she is dear to us; in April she married Paul and he took her to Virginia. Last week we ate Mexican food with Paul and Deborah in Virginia, imagine that? We asked Paul what he's learned about Deborah since they married. . ."Have you tasted her chocolate cookies?. . .She's kind and soft spoken now, just like before I married her!"
While John drives, I've been reviewing Colossians 2:1-5, practicing my verses for him- and thanking the Lord for our sweet young friends in Virginia.

For though I am absent in body, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good discipline and the firmness of your faith in Christ.

No comments: